Terms of Service
Updated October 29, 2007
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate of any laws. The administrators and moderators reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership of idolme.com and it's services are intended for individuals that are thirteen years of age or older. By accessing and/or using the services you are certifying that you are at least thirteen years old. By using the idolme.com services, you represent and warrant that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and that you will maintain the accuracy of such information. False, inaccurate information or any violation may lead to your membership termination without warning. Any use of this website is still subject to this agreement, even if your just browsing or surfing.
This agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the idolme.com services or are a member.
You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason by following the instructions on the "Help" page, or upon receipt by idolme.com of your written or email notice of termination.
Idolme.com may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning, you will not be entitled to a refund of any unused subscription fees, if any.
3. Password. When you sign up to become a member, you will also be asked to choose a username and a password for your member profile. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the member profile, username, or password of another Member at any time. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your member profile or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your member profile/account.
4. NON-COMMERCIAL USE BY MEMBERS . The Services are for the personal use of individual members only, and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. This includes providing links to other websites, whether deemed competitive to idolme.com or otherwise. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become members of idolme.com and should not use the idolme.com services for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the services, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the website will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken.
5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS IN THE SERVICE . idolme.com owns and retains all proprietary rights in the services. The services contain the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information ( "Intellectual Property" ) of idolme.com, and its licensors, including other idolme.com members. Except for Intellectual Property which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such Intellectual Property and the provision of such Intellectual Property to you through the services does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such Intellectual Property, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights in any content and material included therein.
6. CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES . You understand and agree that idolme.com may (but is not obligated to) review any classified ads, content, communication, information, Intellectual Property, material, messages, photos, videos, URLs, profiles and the like (collectively, " Content ") that is uploaded, published or displayed (hereinafter, " posted ") on the services and delete or refuse to take online any such content, including, without limitation, any content that in the sole judgment of idolme.com violates this agreement or which might be offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of other members or third parties. You are solely responsible for the content that you post on the services, or transmit to other members or third parties. By posting content to any area of the services, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to idolme.com an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform (including by means of a digital audio transmission), and otherwise use content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. In addition, you represent and warrant that you have the right to post the content and you will not post any illegal or prohibited content and will not infringe, misappropriate, violate or contravene any third party rights (including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights). The following is a partial list of the kind of content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website ( "Prohibited Content" ). Idolme.com reserves the right (but is not obligated) to investigate and to take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending content from the service and terminating the membership of such violators.
Prohibited Content includes Content that:
(a) is patently offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(b) harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
(c) involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
(d) promotes information that you know is false, misleading or that promotes illegal activities or conduct that is illegal, abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
(e) promotes an illegal and/or unauthorized ( "pirated" ) copy of another person's copyrighted work (whether marked as such, or not), such as, but not limited to, providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent copy-protection mechanisms, or providing pirated music, video or other pirated content, or links to such pirated music, video files, or files that contain such other pirated content;
(f) contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(g) displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind and in any form;
(h) provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
(i) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
(j) solicits passwords or personal identifying information of any kind for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and engages in commercial activities and/or commercial sales without our prior written consent, including, without limitation, contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes; (k) constitutes, promotes, or is used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: counterfeit goods, items subject to US embargo, illegal drugs and paraphernalia, stolen products and items used for theft, unlicensed trade or dealing in stocks or securities, gambling items, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes or non-transferable items; or (l) otherwise violates the terms of this agreement or creates liability for idolme.com.
You must use the Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. You may not include in your member profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses. You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any products or services through the services, except as to the extent expressly allowed by idolme.com in specific sections of the services, such as the Classifieds or similar section of the services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other members or other parties. Although idolme.com cannot monitor the conduct of its members off the services, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our members from such advertising or solicitation, idolme.com reserves the right to restrict the number of emails and other communications (including sharing of content) which a member may send to other members in any twenty-four (24) hour period to a number which idolme.com deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
7. YOUR MEMBER PROFILE . Any Content used for or photographs posted by you in your member profile may not contain nudity, violence, sexually explicit, or offensive subject matter. You may not post a photograph of another person without that person's permission.
8. COPYRIGHT POLICY . You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. idolme.com's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached by writing the following:
Site Sift Media, Inc.
Attn: Copyright Agent
3155 E. Patrick Lane, Suite One
Las Vegas, NV 89120
9. THIRD PARTY CONTENT . Content from other members, advertisers, and other third parties may be made available to you through the services. Because we do not control such Content, (a) you agree that we are not responsible for any such content and (b) we make no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of the information in such content, and we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful content made available by other members, advertisers, and other third parties.
10. RELEASE . To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release idolme.com from any liability related to: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the services, whether caused by any user of the services or member, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the services; (b) the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the services or member; (c) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or content players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or combination thereof, including injury or damage to user's and/or member's or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the services; (d) any loss or damage caused by content posted on the services or transmitted by and to members, or any interactions between users of the Website and/or members, whether online or offline; and (e) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Website user or member communications.
If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
11. DISCLAIMER . TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND AS AVAILABLE AND IDOLME.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT AND IDOLME.COM DOES NOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE (A) ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES; (B) THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE . IDOLME.COM DOES NOT ASSUME ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR ACTIVITIES ON THE SERVICE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY . TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, IDOLME.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY, FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING ALSO LOST PROFITS) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF IDOLME.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IDOLME.COM'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (1) ANY AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO IDOLME.COM FOR THE SERVICES; AND (2) FIFTY U.S.DOLLARS (US$50).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS . Any software provided by idolme.com through the Services (the "Software" ) is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Services or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan, or any other Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND ARBITRATION . This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may provide the application of the law of another jurisdiction. You and idolme.com agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, the state courts located in Las Vegas, Nevada (USA) in such legal action or proceeding. Any claim or dispute (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with this Agreement where the total amount of the award sought is less than five thousand U.S. Dollars (US$ 5,000.00) may be resolved in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. Such arbitration shall be initiated through an established alternative dispute resolution provider ( "ADR Provider" ) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section and under the rules of such ADR Provider, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with this Agreement. The party demanding arbitration will propose an ADR Provider and the other party shall not unreasonably withhold consent to use such ADR Provider. The ADR Provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English, or any other language the parties may mutually agree upon; c) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and d) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration, and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider. Notwithstanding the foregoing, idolme.com may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction. Please note that the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located may be different from Nevada law. You shall always comply with all the international and domestic laws, ordinance, regulations and statutes that are applicable to your use of the services.
15. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS . The communications between you and idolme.com use electronic means, whether you visit the Website or send us emails, or whether idolme.com posts notices on the services or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from idolme.com in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that idolme.com provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
16. INDEMNITY . You agree to indemnify and hold idolme.com, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
17. OTHER . This Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and idolme.com regarding the use of the services. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Notwithstanding any other provisions herein, no party will be deemed as a third-party beneficiary to this Agreement and a third party (including another member) who is not a party to this Agreement has no right to enforce any term of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives to the greatest extent possible under any applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. The failure of idolme.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement.
18. COPYRIGHT/TRADEMARK INFORMATION . Copyright © 2005 - 2007, idolme.com. All rights reserved. The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Services are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Mark.