HomeForumMembersMusicBlogsInvite
  #1  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Lancelot of Camelot Lancelot of Camelot is offline
AI Contestant Top 6
Favorite Artist: Loreena McKennitt and Larry Norman
Relationship Status: Single
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Saint Cloud, MN
Posts: 2,735
Default Best Talent Ever

What you all think. Is this season the best talent ever on AI? I am trying to remember but it is hard to remember who was in previous seasons as they kind of blend together. Cook and Archuleta was a good season.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook



  #2  
Old 05-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Teddy G's Avatar
Teddy G Teddy G is offline
AI Contestant Top 12
Favorite Artist: MCA
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: A Town Called Malice
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot of Camelot View Post
What you all think. Is this season the best talent ever on AI? I am trying to remember but it is hard to remember who was in previous seasons as they kind of blend together. Cook and Archuleta was a good season.
Season Five was pretty good. Although Daughtry's probably the only one who has had any staying power from that season. Katherine McPhee has had more success with acting, than singing.

Time will tell whether these people will have any real success, or not.
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #3  
Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM
CherylSeagull's Avatar
CherylSeagull CherylSeagull is offline
Going to Hollywood!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 322
Default

Season one - All these guys could sing really good. Some exceptional.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #4  
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Lancelot of Camelot Lancelot of Camelot is offline
AI Contestant Top 6
Favorite Artist: Loreena McKennitt and Larry Norman
Relationship Status: Single
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Saint Cloud, MN
Posts: 2,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylSeagull View Post
Season one - All these guys could sing really good. Some exceptional.

I didn't watch season one. Of course we all know that Kelly is spectacular. Guarini the runner up was mediocre. Tamyra Gray is pretty good. Who do they got that is in a class equal to Holly, Jessica, Joshua, Skylar?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #5  
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM
CherylSeagull's Avatar
CherylSeagull CherylSeagull is offline
Going to Hollywood!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot of Camelot View Post
I didn't watch season one. Of course we all know that Kelly is spectacular. Guarini the runner up was mediocre. Tamyra Gray is pretty good. Who do they got that is in a class equal to Holly, Jessica, Joshua, Skylar?
What was good about season one is the contestants had a specific genre and most did that pretty well. It wasn't all about imitating Carey and Aguilera and screaming out the end chorus, even though some did it. You'd have to go back and listen, LOC.

I like Joshua, but what big time label will invest in him commercially? There's a "demographics" issue with him. I would invest in Colton before Joshua in terms of commercial investment. They're are plenty of Holly's and Skylar's in the field already, so likely not many labels vying for first pick. Leaves us with Jessica. Jessica, with the right peeps around her, is a MEGA money maker.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Teddy G's Avatar
Teddy G Teddy G is offline
AI Contestant Top 12
Favorite Artist: MCA
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: A Town Called Malice
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylSeagull View Post
I like Joshua, but what big time label will invest in him commercially? There's a "demographics" issue with him. I would invest in Colton before Joshua in terms of commercial investment. They're are plenty of Holly's and Skylar's in the field already, so likely not many labels vying for first pick. Leaves us with Jessica. Jessica, with the right peeps around her, is a MEGA money maker.
I think Jimmy and Interscope have already decided they want Josh. So, we'll see how he does, after that.
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #7  
Old 05-09-2012, 07:30 AM
CherylSeagull's Avatar
CherylSeagull CherylSeagull is offline
Going to Hollywood!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy G View Post
I think Jimmy and Interscope have already decided they want Josh. So, we'll see how he does, after that.
I like Josh and his sound. I like inspirational music. I hope he does well.

I personally wouldn't mind a James Brown type, but the demographics favor a Michael Jackson type performer. MJ had some good music too.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #8  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
TaylorHicksRocks's Avatar
TaylorHicksRocks TaylorHicksRocks is offline
Advisor To The Performers
Favorite Artist: God, Third Day and Newsboys
Relationship Status: Widow
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 21,781
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Season 5 had a lot of amazing vocalists!! Still my favorite...
__________________
If God Is For You Who Can Be Against You
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #9  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Lancelot of Camelot Lancelot of Camelot is offline
AI Contestant Top 6
Favorite Artist: Loreena McKennitt and Larry Norman
Relationship Status: Single
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Saint Cloud, MN
Posts: 2,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorHicksRocks View Post
Season 5 had a lot of amazing vocalists!! Still my favorite...
Daughtry and McPhee were very good from season five and since your name is THR rocks I assume you think he was pretty good. I enjoyed him as a personality but his singing wasn't anything special. Who else was really good on season five?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #10  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:26 PM
TaylorHicksRocks's Avatar
TaylorHicksRocks TaylorHicksRocks is offline
Advisor To The Performers
Favorite Artist: God, Third Day and Newsboys
Relationship Status: Widow
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 21,781
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot of Camelot View Post
Daughtry and McPhee were very good from season five and since your name is THR rocks I assume you think he was pretty good. I enjoyed him as a personality but his singing wasn't anything special. Who else was really good on season five?
Ace Young, Elliot Yamin, Kellie Pickler, Mandissa, Bucky Covington and of course Taylor I didn't like McPhee but I also liked Daughtry!!!
__________________
If God Is For You Who Can Be Against You
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Copyright 2005 - 2012 IdolMe.com
DVD Rentals - Music Artist - Naruto - Online Dating - Ringtones - American Idol Results - Intelliflix